Thursday, February 26, 2009

 

Michelle Obama reveals "secrets"

Since we just finished up talking about women in political positions and candidates wives, I thought this was a good clip to post..

This is a video posted on CNN.com about the Obama family in the White House "behind closed doors" and about what a "normal" life they seem to lead. The video highlights the fact that Michelle Obama says their marriage "is not perfect" and how likeable she seems to be. Finally, the video also talks about the type of dog Barack and Michelle have chosen for their family to bring into the White House. Maybe not the most newsworthy of clips, but I found it to be interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/02/26/sbt.michelle.obama.secret.cnn

Comments:
I think Michelle Obama made a smart move by letting the media in on the Obama's everyday life. People want to know what the President and his family do everyday. This clip makes them seem like a normal family. Michelle seems like someone women can relate to and look up to. I am glad she is so open with the media and she is honest.
 
This definitely is an interesting clip. It shows exactly what we were talking about in class. I think it is really funny how much emphasis people have put on seeing what type of dog the Obama family would get to have at the White House. This is just another way the the Obama family is creating a working relationship with the media.
 
I find it hard to believe at times that the side we see is the the normal life for the obama family I think in time we will see the true people come out more.I do see some honesty in michelle but sometimes she comes across like she is trying to sell me something.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?