Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Ex-NASA official indicted, ties to MSU
I don't know much about this story, but it seems to be developing into somewhat of an ethics issue, and unfortunately, MSU is wrapped up in it to a degree.
WASHINGTON - A former top NASA official has been indicted on charges of steering $9.6 million in agency funds to a consulting client.
The U.S. attorney's office announced a three-count indictment on Friday against Courtney Stadd of Bethesda, Md., who had served as NASA's chief of staff and White House liaison.
The indictment accuses Stadd of steering money from an earth science appropriation to Mississippi State University, which was paying him as a consultant. Stadd is also accused of lying to NASA ethics officials investigating the matter.
Comments:
<< Home
This is a very interesting turn of events. I had no idea about any of this. I don't mean to sound self-centered, but what I really want to know is whether or not MSU is going to have repercussions because of this misuse of funds.
We'll have to keep up on this and see what ends up happening with Stadd and MSU.
Post a Comment
We'll have to keep up on this and see what ends up happening with Stadd and MSU.
<< Home
