Sunday, March 08, 2009
Stem cell research anyone?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090309/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_stem_cells
Obama is planning to reverse Bush's policies on stem cell research... Bush said that by not allowing stem cell research that he was protecting life. I think it should be allowed ONLY on embryos from fertility clinics that are going to be thrown away anyway. What do you think? Read the article... it explains a lot.
Obama is planning to reverse Bush's policies on stem cell research... Bush said that by not allowing stem cell research that he was protecting life. I think it should be allowed ONLY on embryos from fertility clinics that are going to be thrown away anyway. What do you think? Read the article... it explains a lot.
Comments:
<< Home
I remember watching when Bush announced the ban on funding in 2001 one and thought it was a very sad day. This action is a long time coming, and fears that it will somehow lead to human cloning, as opponents usually cite, are unfounded. It is a good move by the administration.
I think this is a good thing. Who knows, we might find a cure for diabetes, cancer, etc. This a good day for the Obama administration.....in my eyes.
It's a good day for science. Treatments, cures and scientific advancements don't come about by superstition.
I think this is one of the greatest days so far for the administration. Even if I didn't disagree with George Bush on so many other things, this is something that I absolutely couldn't stand him for. It was the first time he used a veto his entire presidency, was to veto the very bipartisan stem cell research bill. I just don't understand how you can call yourself morally superior because you are choosing not to perform research on clumps of cells, when by doing so you are potentially prolonging suffering or even the deaths of countless people all over the world. That, in my opinion, is the definition of immoral.
I agree. Allowing stem cell research could open so many new doors in the fields of sciene and medicine. We have the means and the knowledge so why not put it to good use?
Post a Comment
<< Home
