Thursday, April 02, 2009

 

Complaints against Palin

This article talks about the latest complaint against Sarah Palin.

"Another ethics complaint has been filed against Gov. Sarah Palin that claims a conflict of interest because she wore Arctic Cat logo gear during the Tesoro Iron Dog snowmobile race."

I don't know what you think, but this seems pretty petty to me. Does it really matter what she was wearing to stay warm?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03/25/palin-faces-latest-ethics-complaint/

Comments:
In my opinion, I think that some people are just trying to find excuses to put down Gov. Palin. This is a little too much.
 
I don't think it should matter at all, but companies get weird when people break sponsorship agreements. I remember reading a few months ago that Charlize Theron was sued for millions because she was photographed somewhere wearing one ritzy brand of wristwatch, while being sponsored and paid to wear a different one.

I'm not sure where the ethics complaint comes in, unless the complaint is that a governor shouldn't be getting a sponsorship deal like that in the first place (and there may be a point to that). Probably the best thing she could do is just wear the clothes as a favor, and not be compensated for it.
 
So is she FOR SURE being compensated for wearing these logos? Since when do our political figures get endorsement deals? I didn't realize they did... that seems very celebrity-ish to me (i think i just made up that word). If she wasn't being endorsed then i don't think it matters...
 
Its nice to know that our political figures have become celebrities. I have to agree with Sarah Dale on this one.
 
I also agree.. i was unaware that political figures got endorsements.. that is pretty crazy!! But, i still think the article and making a big deal of it is silly! I have way better things to do with my time than read about what the gov. of Alaska wore.. and i would think that most Americans have much more to worry abut right now than what she wears! silly silly, there seems do be an ever-fading line between politics and celebrity issues!
 
The only people that are in the wrong for doing anything are the ones who actually have enough time on their hands to figure out what silly stuff their going to write about next. There's other things to right about like how the government should pay teachers more for all their hard work or how more money should be put in some school systems. Please lets not waste time on nonsense.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?