Thursday, April 09, 2009
History Repeating Itself?
Bachus tells city and county officials he's worried about socialists in Congress
Another secret list? Didn't we just do this 50 years ago?
As for President Barack Obama, the Vestavia Hills Republican said he has "some hope."
"He's a better listener than George W. Bush," Bachus said. "He tries to get ideas from people."
But he said he is worried that he is being steered too far by the Congress: "Some of the men and women I work with in Congress are socialists."
Asked to clarify his comments after the breakfast speech at the Trussville Civic Center, Bachus said 17 members of the U.S. House are socialists.
Another secret list? Didn't we just do this 50 years ago?
Comments:
<< Home
I am glad to know that Bachus thinks that President Obama listens to what people have to say. That's what the President should do. About the list of socialists... who knows? They run on Republican and Democratic tickets to get the vote. They are politicans.. the only agenda they ever care about is their own.
I have friends that live in the Vestavia Hills area so it was interesting to read this article. I am also glad to hear that Bachus thinks Obama listens to what people have to say. I was surprised to read that he called out those 17 people as socialists. Not sure how good that will be for when he goes back and has to be in the same room with those people.
Post a Comment
<< Home
