Friday, April 03, 2009

 

Obama asked: Ever regret running for president?

After being asked if he ever regretted running for President Obama replied "That's a good question." You know, there have been times, certainly during the campaign, and there have been times over the last several months where you feel a lot of weight on your shoulders. There's no doubt about it," the president said.

Obama also went on to express his feelings about his family during the election. "I was away from home all the time, and that was very difficult, because not only do I have a wonderful wife, but I have two perfect daughters, and so, you know, I missed them a lot," he said.

I thought this article was great because it made him seem so "normal" and easy to identify with.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/03/obama.regrets/index.html

Comments:
I think that this was a great speech Obama gave. The main reason I liked it was because he was very personal and shared with the world a more human side. We talked about it in class how warm he appeared and how that made him more like able. I think when he makes speeches like this it makes him a more like able president. It appears we can relate to him.
 
I don't really believe he would regret running because he knew what he was getting into before he ran. He knew he and his family would have to make sacrifices. Everyone that runs for president wants to win and they know the challenges that they will face. I don't think that is a good question to ask a president. What is he supposed to say?
 
This was an interesting article. He did seem very personable, and I think a lot of people could identify with him through this. Yes, he "knew" what he was getting into, but until you are actually in the situation with all that weight on your shoulders you don't really know what it is going to be like.
 
I don't think he regrets running either, and I do appreciate how he attempts to relate to average Americans. He is a personable and likable person.
 
I agree with Abbi. You never know what you have gotten yourself into until you experince the situation. I also agree with Lauren too. How can you ask a president that? That's like asking a college student do you regret going to college? I mean there are times when you get tired and it gets a little difficult but you don't regret going because it all works out for the best.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?