Thursday, April 02, 2009
Obama's amazing offer!
"If you buy a car from Chrysler or General Motors, you will be able to get your car serviced and repaired, just like always," the president announced from the Grand Foyer of the White House this morning. I find this very funny, president obamas speech today sounded like a car salesman rather than the president. The recent release of GM ceo i guess left a void and maybe thats what obama was getting at in this speech. Whatever it takes, this salesman is ready to negotiate. "I'm committed to doing all I can to see if a deal can be struck," he vowed.
If you act today, he may even throw in the floor mats. I don't really know what to expect next.http://voices.washingtonpost.com/roughsketch/2009/03/obamas_unbelievable_offer.html
If you act today, he may even throw in the floor mats. I don't really know what to expect next.http://voices.washingtonpost.com/roughsketch/2009/03/obamas_unbelievable_offer.html
Comments:
<< Home
It's being played up as a joke in the press and pundits, but if you step back and think about it, a significant part of the economic crisis is a crisis in confidence. Our economy is based on consumer spending, ie. people buying cars.
The car companies are suffering as much from low sales right now (due to lack of consumer confidence) as it's mismanagement. Obama is taking steps to address both of those issues.
The car companies are suffering as much from low sales right now (due to lack of consumer confidence) as it's mismanagement. Obama is taking steps to address both of those issues.
O well hearing that from him didnt really boost my confidence. I would like more information to consider your opinion legit on what our economy is based on keynesian theory? or... anything would be helpful.
To be honest, I took economics 20 years ago and I don't remember any of it other than I took it in McCool.
I have a friend who has an economics degree (that he loves to hold over my head) that I argue with constantly (about many issues, but quite often economic things), and he accuses me of being a Keynesian supporter, so I guess. But I didn't think there was any debate on that our economy is based on consumer spending.
When people aren't buying products, paying for services and just plain pumping money into the economy, bad things happen here in the U.S., as is happening right now.
And if I'm not mistaken, this is where Keynes' theory came in. If the public isn't injecting capital into the system, the government can step in with a stimulus. It puts unemployed people back to work, it gives a lot of people new resources to go out and spend, and when you're talking upgrading infrastructure, that will be to the benefit of everyone. It is unfortunate that some people (ie, the wealthy) end up being taxed more to help pay for those kinds of programs, but such is life. It costs money to manage a country as expansive as this one.
Post a Comment
I have a friend who has an economics degree (that he loves to hold over my head) that I argue with constantly (about many issues, but quite often economic things), and he accuses me of being a Keynesian supporter, so I guess. But I didn't think there was any debate on that our economy is based on consumer spending.
When people aren't buying products, paying for services and just plain pumping money into the economy, bad things happen here in the U.S., as is happening right now.
And if I'm not mistaken, this is where Keynes' theory came in. If the public isn't injecting capital into the system, the government can step in with a stimulus. It puts unemployed people back to work, it gives a lot of people new resources to go out and spend, and when you're talking upgrading infrastructure, that will be to the benefit of everyone. It is unfortunate that some people (ie, the wealthy) end up being taxed more to help pay for those kinds of programs, but such is life. It costs money to manage a country as expansive as this one.
<< Home
