Wednesday, August 26, 2009

 

RIP Ted Kennedy

To start things off, I thought I'd ask you to comment on what you feel might be Ted Kennedy's legacy. If you've been watching, reading or listening to the news today, you no doubt are aware that he has died. He was in the Senate from 1962 until today, so he was present for a LOT of landmark legislation. Whether you liked or disliked his politics, it would be hard to argue that he wasn't a fixture on Capitol Hill.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Ted Kennedy has no doubt had a strong hand in politics his entire life. Rather you agree with his decisions and political opinions or you disagree, I believe we can all agree on he was a significant man in the political world. The one incident that stands out to me, and I'm sure many other people on Ted Kennedy's life is the Mary Jo Kopechne incident. Nobody knows the true story today except for him, but all the evidence was against him, and he got a suspended drivers license for two months. Something about this situation just does not add up in my head.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Ted Kennedy was a good senator and one of the longest lasting senator in our legislative branch. But he along with most all politicians are worried more about what their ideology means and how a democrat or republican should vote on certain hot topics. They are no longer worried about what their constitiuents feel about a subject, their goal is reelection and not public service.
 
I find it sad that while Ted Kennedy worked so hard in the Senate, he will most likely be remembered for his car accident which resulted in the death of a woman. I say this after reading many articles about Mr. Kennedy and most of them mention that accident rather than any legislation he worked on. Also, he very well might just be known as "the Kennedy that lived the longest," as unfortunate as that is.
 
As I said in my thread, Ted was loved because he was a Kennedy. It isn't sad that manslaughter he committed is always brought up in articles, it's sad that he was still a SENATOR after that. Ted represented the far left. I'm a republican, but do not care for the far right or left. I would actually lean a little left with most major issues. I simply don't understand the country's obsession with a bunch of rich snobs. Most college students are way too young to know hardly anything about Ted besides past articles they have read. Fact is this: If a presidentual candidate these days, or any current senator got drunk(which was often in Teddy's case) and killed a girl, they would be crucified by the media. He t picked a good decade in his career to do his dirtiest deeds.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?