Friday, September 25, 2009
Elementary Kids Singing Praises to Obama
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/09/24/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5335819.shtml
or
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/24/elementary-school-students-reportedly-taught-songs-praising-president-obama/
I saw this talked about on Glenn Beck tonight/this morning and had to look it up... I wonder if anyone else in our class has seen this or heard about it and wanted to see what you all thought about it. I guess it makes me glad I don't have kids yet, ha
We can't openly pray in schools or sing Christmas carols that mention the name Jesus and praise God openly in our schools, but kids are being taught to praise Obama... mmmm, not sure I think that's right, just my opinion.
or
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/24/elementary-school-students-reportedly-taught-songs-praising-president-obama/
I saw this talked about on Glenn Beck tonight/this morning and had to look it up... I wonder if anyone else in our class has seen this or heard about it and wanted to see what you all thought about it. I guess it makes me glad I don't have kids yet, ha
We can't openly pray in schools or sing Christmas carols that mention the name Jesus and praise God openly in our schools, but kids are being taught to praise Obama... mmmm, not sure I think that's right, just my opinion.
Labels: Obama
Comments:
<< Home
Wow, I had not seen that. I think the songs chosen and the context was completely out of line. If the children had been taught a little song welcoming Obama, that would be ok. But I agree, if religious ideals step on too many toes to be allowed in schools, politics should as well. One of the articles said the children also sang about Lincoln and Washington; these men proved themselves as presidents. Obama has not been in office a full year yet. Let's not be too hasty.
Yeah I agree... this is a little much. The videos of the kids singing just sounds... I don't know... not right. It's great to teach kids to respect the president and everything but to just put words in their mouths like that doesn't seem right. I think it would be better to encourage them to learn about the president and then let them go from there. But making them sing ideas that other people have about him is different. I would have a big problem with my kid being told to do this.
That's ridiculous. "equal work for equal pay...everyone lend a hand...first black president." Here's your hand: I got a kid in my neighborhood that comes by weekly asking to wash our vehicles. He's 13. He has half the time of an unemployed adult, due to school, but still washes about 10-15 cars a week. Some people on welfare wait for a check and claim there are no jobs. Well, go wash some dang cars, or cut grass, or shine shoes at the airport. Suck up your pride and/or laziness, and make whatever dollar you can. That would be a good start to stimulating the economy.
Post a Comment
<< Home
