Saturday, September 26, 2009

 

Fist Bump

The Dalai Lama was in Memphis, TN on September 22, 2009 to receive the Freedom Award from the National Civil Rights Museum. He was greeted with a fist bump from the "acting" mayor which was hilarious. The Dalia Lama is known for his humorous personality and he enjoyed the fist bump. I can appreciate great humor from time to time. This was a great mix or exchange of a cultural ritual in Memphis, TN.

Comments:
I think this is awesome. I love it when cultures intermingle and this is a perfect example of that. It is known that Memphis is the most racist city in America so for the Dalia Lama to come and receive the Freedom Award is pretty cool in and of itself to have that kind of diversity there.
 
I really think this is cool as well. The fist bump is a big part of today's culture and its cool that somebody such as the Dalia Lama and the Mayor of Memphis shared one like they were best friends.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?