Sunday, September 27, 2009
Frost/Nixon
I was watching Frost/Nixon the other night, and despite the historical accuracy/inaccuracy, the movie really showed politicians and celebrities' "handlers." It showed how these people coached their clients and went over and over the itinerary for the interviews. And when Frost or Nixon deviated in any way, the handler's tried to do damage control, or interrupted the interview. It was really interesting to see what we have been talking about in class as far as "handlers" trying to keep clients from saying or doing anything detrimental to their career.
Comments:
<< Home
It is interesting to see things we've discussed occur in the movies we watch. I caught myself analyzing something I was watching recently and remembered a theory we discussed in class. I couldn't just enjoy the movie without analyzing it. But interesting needless to say.
Primary Colors is a good movie that portrays how these folks work. It is very accurate of Clinton in many ways. Anything out of Hollywood is going to have added drama, but, this was a fairly accurate one. I'll have to see the Frost/Nixon one.
I saw "Frost/Nixon" this summer, and I found it enjoyable. I read there were some liberties taken (as always), but that it was remarkably true to what really happened.
"Primary Colors" is also interesting, but if you're interested in seeing how reality might really be constructed, try watching "Wag the Dog." A bit cynical, but very entertaining.
I am trying to get together an online Politics and Film class for next summer. If you're interested, let me know, and I'll notify you next semester if it's going to be available.
I LOVE movies, especially those dealing with politics and history, so I think it would be fun to incorporate that into a class.
"Primary Colors" is also interesting, but if you're interested in seeing how reality might really be constructed, try watching "Wag the Dog." A bit cynical, but very entertaining.
I am trying to get together an online Politics and Film class for next summer. If you're interested, let me know, and I'll notify you next semester if it's going to be available.
I LOVE movies, especially those dealing with politics and history, so I think it would be fun to incorporate that into a class.
I have also watched movies and realized they are doing exactly what we talked about in class. It really made me pay more attention to every movie I watch dealing with politics to see if I find anything else we have discussed in class. The more I get into the movie the more I find. I often find myself losing the moral of the story because I'm so involved in finding concepts we discussed in class.
Post a Comment
<< Home
