Tuesday, September 22, 2009

 

I was Black Before I was President????

It seems to me that everything with Obama is a racial issue. He speaks more about race than he does any other subject. With the Harvard professor he spoke about racial issues and police, and now he some how ties being black in with the healthcare debate. It is very historic that we now have a black president and our kids will be reading and studying about him when they enter school, but we need to accept that we have a black president and move on. Our country has much bigger issues to deal with and we do not need to be constantly reminded about the race of our president. I do not see him as a black man, i see him as the leader of the free world and i feel he needs to start seeing himself in the same light.

Comments:
Ross that rhetoric was a response to Pres. Jimmy Carters response to, Why he thinks the President is having trouble getting support for the health care bill. When Pres. Obama made that comment he was trying to get the message across that these problems existed before I became President and it is more of a party conflict between democrats and republicans than a black or white issue. Race is a issue because society makes it an issue he was asked that question he did not just declare it. We can not ignore that race is a issue in America. If it wasn't we wouldn't have groups of "Anglo-American, African American, and Asian America...etc"
 
Race is an issue, because Obama makes it a freaking issue. Fact is, he's half freaking white. I don't give a rat's behind if we have a purple president, if he's competant enough to lead the country. Obama may or may not be, we shall see...Him calling himself black and the world going gaga over the first "black" president is ridiculous, considering he's HALF white! I personally can't stand people of mixed race that "stand up" for the minorities. He could have easily said, I am white, and choose to be called white, and he probably wouldn't be president. It's just as ridiculous as Halle Berry accepting that oscar a while back as the first "black" woman to win best actress. She's half WHITE. Heck, I guess I'm Irish.
 
Well, I think that the issue of race has liitle to no bearing on why people are not supporting the health care reform plan. It is predominantly a dispute between the two political parties, which is whaty I believe Obama was addressing when he made that statement. It is people like Jimmy Carter and some others who keep stiring up the fact that he is black and that is why this isn't moving forward, which I believe is untrue. And the fact that he is mixed I believe is completely irrevlevant. Logistically, yes he is just as much white as he is black. But socially and culturally, he grew up as a black child. So I don;t think that is a legitimate perspective. I think Obama is trying to keep this issue away from race as much as possible, which I think is the right thing to do.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?