Friday, September 04, 2009

 

Let the President speak..

Why are people so hot about President Obama speaking to children about the importance of education? I think it is a great idea for the President to address education and how it is needed in society. Bush Sr. did it and no one said anything so why such a fuss now when President Obama decided to do it?

Comments:
I think that people are hyper-critical about all things involving the government right now. Personally, I think it is a good idea because so many people are critical of the government, yet don't understand anything about it, from how it works to the reasons behind legislature. Getting children directly involved with some part of the government, even if it is just hearing about education, I think it will benefit them greatly.
 
I agree. It seems that everything the President does is done under a microscope. Hypercriticism is runninng throughout this country. I don't see what is wrong with letting Obama talk to the children about education and our government. I love how it sends a message to the youth that we are willing to invest in them because we know that they are our future.
 
I think the reason people are listening to Obama about education is because is platform was based around the word "change", also people did not like Bush. One of Bush's biggest concerns was on education but now that "change" is about to take place, people are listening more closely. I think its great that he is talking to the young people about education but Bush did the same thing. I think any president would talk to people about education because it is an extremely important issue.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?