Saturday, September 12, 2009
Liar Liar pants on firer
The news is really buzzing about Rep. Wilson calling President Obama a liar. I do feel that it was a very embarrassing situation for the president. I also feel that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it is a place and time to express your feelings. I think that Rep. Wilson picked the wrong setting to express his feelings. Rep. Wilson was very disrespectful to the president.
Comments:
<< Home
I agree, that wasn't the place or time for the comment to be made. I'm sure the entire rooms emotions were all over the board, and he just yelled when he shouldn't have.
"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President's remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill. While I disagree with the President's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility."
That is Joe Wilson's apology that he stated a few days ago. All seriousness aside, I do find it pretty funny that a former Senator would yell out like that at President Obama's speech!
"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President's remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill. While I disagree with the President's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility."
That is Joe Wilson's apology that he stated a few days ago. All seriousness aside, I do find it pretty funny that a former Senator would yell out like that at President Obama's speech!
I agree with Patrick. It was definitely an inappropriate comment. Even if there was some rumblings in the crowd while the president was talking and the senator probably just said what some people in crowd were thinking, there is no excuse for that. He just let his emotions get the best of him and he looked like a fool.
That being said, I also think it is far fetched to put this claim as racist, which is what a lot of people have been saying. I think the entirety of the outburst came out of frustration towards the health care plan, not because he is racist.
But going back to the main point, there is no excuse for that and he embarrassed himself and the Republican party.
That being said, I also think it is far fetched to put this claim as racist, which is what a lot of people have been saying. I think the entirety of the outburst came out of frustration towards the health care plan, not because he is racist.
But going back to the main point, there is no excuse for that and he embarrassed himself and the Republican party.
I think it's absolutely hilarious. I think Obama has "avoided" the truth on many occasions, and think that the American public ignored these avoidances, simply because they were sick of where the Republican party has taken us. Time will tell about Obama. But for Wilson, hats off, that's funny.
I think what Rep. Wilson did was just the funniest thing I've ever heard. Maybe where he did it was innappropiate, but all-in-all it was funny. Maybe he has point, but we will have to see if Rep. Wilson is actually telling the truth.
Post a Comment
<< Home
