Thursday, September 10, 2009

 

Obama speech

So, did anyone see President Obama's speech last night? I'm curious how you felt about what he said, and if you have any thoughts about the reaction from the members of the House and Senate during the speech.

Comments:
I did not watch the speech last night, but I just finished reading an article about how quickly news of Wilson's remarks spread all over the Internet. Twitter and Facebook were full of posts encouraging "users to condemn Wilson's breach of protocol, listing his Web site address and his congressional office phone number." I think a very broad definition of Agenda Setting can be applied to situations like this one. It is not mainstream media telling people what to think about, but people like you and me, who have access to social networking sites. They are telling people what to think about by talking about an issue constantly, either on Twitter, Facebook, or a blog.
 
I watched 90 seconds and then realized baseball was much more interesting. In the first 90 seconds of listening to the used car salesman, I did realize that he's still great at saying what the public wants to hear.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?