Thursday, September 10, 2009

 

Rep Joe Wilson (R-SC) & Lie Outburst

Rep Joe Wilson was totally out of order. First, the Presidents health care proposal has not been written in detail and finalized and presented to Congress yet to even make an accusation of such. If his current Health Care reform proposal does state or indicate it covers illegal immigrants then whose to say that the President may or may not had a change of heart. Although Rep Wilson apologize for his remarks but he still disagrees with Presidents Obama statement even though he has not heard the final plan. I think Rep Wilson is unfair & biased in his assessment.

Second, Rep Wilson was very disrespectful to the President (which I believe is the main factor in his apology). I am sure that the President was deeply embarrassed and I do not think a verbal apology is enough. He is entitled to free speech and he should not be punished but morally he should make some other gesture to the President. For example, he can make a promise or commitment to be open-minded about the President's initiative.

Comments:
I completely agree with you. Respect is the main issue. I think the whole political arena has lost touch with the idea of respect - whether it be opinions or ideals. I doubt the idea of respect has been held to high esteem in politics, but a line is crossed when an elected official criticizes the President in a very public setting. Government officials should criticize each other and stand for what they believe in, but they should do so in a respectful manner.
 
Your exactly right respect is the main issue!
 
It was very surprising for me to hear such an unbridled response by Mr. Wilson during the speech. I can't imagine how a person could expect to be taken seriously after such an outburst. Due to the necessary and inevitable apology later made by Mr. Wilson it would seem that no one will even know his stance on health-care only that he was the guy that yelled that thing during that speech.
 
If you read my post you see that I also agree with you. Mr. Wilson was totally out of line for making that outburst. It's true that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but don't be disrespectful when you do it. I truly think that respect played a major role in why he should apologize. Rep. Wilson really messed up by yelling while the president was speaking. I would really hate to be in his shoes!
 
I don't know guys. Wilson gets my vote if I'm a constituent. He didn't call the president a liar. His statement was, "You lie," and it was made regarding specific claims about the contents of this debacle we call a bill. Granted, tact is not an adjective to be included in the description of this event, but it's about time we cut through all the crap and double-speak the current administration considers leadership. Since when is the President beyond reproach simply because he is the President? I say Wilson did us a favor...the way he did it though, he certainly didn't do himself any favors.
 
Graham,
There is irony in his comments because he's an actual liar! There is nothing in the plan that grants illegal immigrants an option to the public health care plan. But they can receive emergency treatment because it is illegal to refuse anyone emergency treatment.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?