Saturday, September 19, 2009
Using Racism as a Defense
After reading the Yahoo article that explores the use of racism in our politics, I wanted to see what President Obama's feelings were on his detractors. Thankfully President Obama has not fallen into the trap of using racism as an easy excuse for the criticism against him. In an interview with CNN President Obama expresses that he does not believe that racism is an overriding factor in his criticism. It is refreshing to see a leader taking the criticism and not trying to blame other factors for the differing opinions of his leadership.
Here is the link to the article.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/09/18/obama-race-not-overriding-issue-in-criticism/
Here is the link to the article.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/09/18/obama-race-not-overriding-issue-in-criticism/
Comments:
<< Home
I agree President Obama did the total opposite of what many expected. He is not using racism as an excuse for criticism. Alot of individuals use racism as an escape or away to avoid issues. President Obama instead takes the criticism as a way to improve.
I agree that it is refreshing that someone is not using racism as part of his criticism because so many people do that now-a-days. I do not agree with everything that Obama stands for and did not even vote for him, but I can respect him for not pulling the race card when using criticism.
I agree that it is refreshing that someone is not using racism as part of his criticism because so many people do that now-a-days. I do not agree with everything that Obama stands for and did not even vote for him, but I can respect him for not pulling the race card when using criticism.
Post a Comment
<< Home
