Wednesday, October 14, 2009

 

Arnold calls out his wife

As everyone knows or if you did not, it is against to the law to hold your cell phone while driving in California. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed off on that law. There are pictures floating around showing that his wife, of all people, was breaking the law by holding her phone while behind the wheel. He is simply going to ask her not to repeat this action when she is driving. However, if the police would have caught her, it would have costed her nearly $300 in fines. That is pretty steep but its the law. I thought this was slightly humorous and wanted to see what everyone else thought about it. 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_shriver_cell_phone



Comments:
I saw that article earlier today. I think his response was that he would take "swift action." Also, his comment to his daughter about holding the phone while driving was commical, but seriously, can she honestly be expected to follow that law if her own mother disregards it? The answer of course is yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was guilty of the same thing.
 
I think that it's really funny. Plenty of people use their cell phones while driving, which is illegal. Many people would be unhappy to pay a $300 fine, but for Arnold's family I don't really think it will matter to much to pay that fine.
 
The Governator...I think it's pretty funny. I have never agreed with the law. I do think it causes wrecks, but there are more important things for police to be spending their time doing. Also, is it against the law to eat a cheeseburger while driving? Or applying make-up? No, it's not, at least not to my knowledge. Police should look for careless driving, not scoping out cell phone bandits.
 
This is my first time hearing about this and I find it very funny. I also agree that cell phones are big distractions but as Brandon said it is much more important crimes the police should be focused on.
 
I think that she should not be exempt from the law. She should just voluntarily pay the fine just so these allegation won't be used against her husband in the future.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?