Thursday, October 22, 2009
Cheney/Obama
http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-10-22-voa38.cfm
Shortly after winning the peace prize, Obama is gettting an earful from Cheney. I happen to agree with Cheney. I don't like our country fighting within itself when there's obviously more important issues we need to come together on. But Obama's ability to deal with the war that's going on was my greatest concern about him when it came to leading our country. Just curious to hear your thoughts...
Shortly after winning the peace prize, Obama is gettting an earful from Cheney. I happen to agree with Cheney. I don't like our country fighting within itself when there's obviously more important issues we need to come together on. But Obama's ability to deal with the war that's going on was my greatest concern about him when it came to leading our country. Just curious to hear your thoughts...
Comments:
<< Home
Cheney made it seem like Obama and his administration is scared to make a decision but I believe he is just making sure he makes the right decision. When making a important decision I don't like to be rushed I like to have time to think things through.
It's crazy to me how fickle the American public can be, especially with the leaders of our government. They have the hardest jobs in the world, and they have to weigh these decisions carefully. Two weeks ago, Obama was the American hero- winner of the Nobel Peace Prize - and now he is being criticized for decisions that are made/not made. We talk about the government not being stable, what about society in general??
Something I've often wondered about the war is, since we are in a recession, if we were to pull out, how far would we fall? World War II got us out of the Great Depression. While I don't particularily agree with war, it does make our country money.
I agree with Cheney. I think someone should stand up for what they believe in. I am sure Obama does not want to make a bad decision but he has still been worrying less pressing issues than the ones that will affect our country the most.
Weighing pros and cons is more important than making a swift decision. I don't know what Obama plans to do, but I hope our troops can come home soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home
