Wednesday, October 07, 2009
Did the SNL Pres. Obama skit distort or tell the truth?
I have been reading several blogs and commentary about the Saturday Night Live opening skit about President Obama not being able to follow through and accomplish any of his goals this year in office. I personally found numerous truths that I had already came to terms with but I also considered that the skit was a tad unfair and bias due to the fact that this is still the beginning of his term in office and he has not done a complete year in office. I think President Obama has a lot on his plate and he should make some definite deadlines for his policies to be inacted soon. Do you all think that this was an eye opener and factual representation of President Obama?
Labels: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I220y5ONZgU
Comments:
<< Home
Factual or not, it's fair. If the skits of past presidents are fair, then they're fair for Barry. By this time in Bush's first term, we were in shock over 9/11, and Bush was already being accused of not doing a good job, as well as 9/11 being his fault. Obama will not come through with hardly any of his promises, presidents never do. No politicians hardly ever come through with what they promise. Does this define his first year? Not in my mind. Since poiticians love to make promises to get them elected, it's much easier to judge them on what they DON'T screw up while in office, rather than what promises they come through with....Just my opinion.
I agree with Brandon. Most of the promises presidents make hardly come true. It is Obama's first year in office so we can't judge to hard just yet, but he did make a ton of promises that he may not be able to keep. I personally did not see the SNL skit, but I am sure it was humorous and fair. They do skits all the time about political figures and it is always fair and in good fun.
Post a Comment
<< Home
