Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Government Insurance Plan Will Dominate Market, Senate Republicans Warn
Article from FoxNews.com , you be the judge if you agree or not.
read full story here.... http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/27/reid-rallies-support-government-run-insurance-plan/
As liberal Democrats cheered the inclusion of a government health insurance plan in the Senate bill, Republicans warned that new taxes on insurers will lead to a rise in private plan premiums. As a result, they predicted the government plan will have an unfair price advantage in the marketplace, potentially drawing millions into it whether the customers want it or not.
read full story here.... http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/27/reid-rallies-support-government-run-insurance-plan/
Comments:
<< Home
I just don't think that the government should be able to jump into a "private" industry and attempt to take it over, or at least completely hammer most insurance agencies. Don't we have an insurance major here at MSU? I'd probably consider changing majors if I was in there. This to me seems somewhat similar to the USPS. How is it fair that they can run commercials whenever and wherever they feel when they are backed by the government? WE THE PEOPLE are paying the taxes that are producing those commercials!!!! How is that fair to UPS and FedEx??? Any opinions?
Reply to the USPS comment. Why should the USPS have to be "fair" to UPS and FedEx? The USPS is struggling as it is to even keep it's doors open much less offer comparable competition to FedEx and UPS. I mean, I see what you're saying about them being federally funded and our tax dollars are paying for those commercials, but our tax dollars pay for a lot of other things I don't particularly like my tax dollars going to (welfare for those able bodied individuals that are just too dang lazy to get a job), I would much rather see the USPS market themselves to try and survive in the industry of postal services than see an able bodied person waiting around for their "check" to come in the mail only to blow it at the casino or on booze.
Post a Comment
<< Home
