Monday, October 12, 2009
Hilary won't run again?
Tonight on NBC Nightly News, Hilary Clinton was interviewed and asked if she would ever run for President again, she was quick to answer, "No". She stated she had a good job, a 24-7 job, and looks to retire at some point. She also made a comment about her not having the need to have her face in the media and have the media see her every move. She stated that "maybe that's a woman thing" that she was confident and secure enough that she didn't feel the need to be seen in the media every move she makes. I thought that was interesting!
Comments:
<< Home
That is interesting. I know if I had lost a race that intense, I would be slow to want to run again. I don't blame her though. She has a private life and is entitled to it, and I think the scrutiny of one presidential campaign is more than enough for anyone to bare, male or female.
Running for President has to take emotional, physical, and mental tolls on a person. Hillary showed her level of exhaustion at the tea when she cried. However, I don't think she's going to fade into the background. I can see her running again in the future, but we'll have to wait and see.
I do not think she will run again. As Katie said, it takes everything out of person to run for office, especially in last years because it was so intense. She is entitled to have her own life and not have the media in her face at all times, but I do think she will be back in the media just because she is Hillary Çlinton.
This is pretty interesting coming from Hilary Clinton. She always seemed like the woman that enjoyed being in the spotlight. I figured she always enjoyed the media following her every move. So yes Im deeply shocked by her words.
I don't believe that she's done. I think she knows Obama's approval rating is going down the drain, and when it comes time to run again, shes going to basically run on the "I told you so" campaign. Wait and see, she'll be back.
I agree with Patrick. Hillary Clinton has an agenda, and I don't see her as being one to quickly give up.
I can't say I'll lose any sleep if she doesn't run again. I believe there's truth to it, though. She didn't do very well last time. I think it will depend mostly on how Obama's term turns out....
I don't know if she's done or not but if she said "no" that quick then she might have her mind made up. I thought she would have run again but I can see where Hillary would be tired of dealing with the media since her family has been in the public since Bill was president. If I were her I would be tired of the pressure she and Bill have to constantly deal with.
Post a Comment
<< Home
