Sunday, October 11, 2009

 

Nobel Peace Prize

Apparently, Obama has been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. That is a hefty award for anyone to have bestowed upon them. Most people,; however, have actually made great strides towards acheiving peace. Now, I am not against Obama; he is our president and I want him to succeed, but I have yet to see anything that actually warrants the Peace Prize. Perhaps my mind has failed to recall some grad thing, but have you noticed anything that suggests he deserves it yet?

Comments:
there was a poll on the local news tonight that asked if it was too soon in his administration for him to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize; i think it is way too soon! how is he going to earn the peace prize when there is still controversy in the administration as to what our next move is in Afghanistan! doesn't sound like a "peace" maker to me just yet... if at all?
 
I don't know a whole lot about the Nobel Prize but I think someone else should have considered for the award. He hasn't been in office that long and hasn't really done anything to deserve the award. Even people that voted for him admit that he should not have gotten it. He said when he was running that he wanted to end he war, but now he wants to send in more troops. I think they might have given him an award based on what he promised in his campaign instead of what he has actually done so far in office.
 
Well, Casey, he was elected for unkeepable promises, so why not give him a peace prize for when he brings us world peace and socialism? On a non-joking note, it's absurd. I would have to imagine there are thousands of people who would deserve this before Obama. That's not a shot at the president, but there are people out there that dedicate there lives to making the world a more peaceful place.
 
Ridiculous. I don't even see how you could be considered to win the Nobel Peace prize when you own country has invaded other countries and are still currently there, regardless of the circumstances. I think that he is striving to move forward with peace, but he should not have won the Nobel Peace Prize this year. Keep in mind, I'm not bashing Obama, I just don't see how you could win an award when your country is still at war. That's not a very peaceful thing.
 
The Nobel committee chairman stated that they had to ask themselves who has done the most in the previous year to enhance peace in the world. If President Obama is the best they could come up with, then we live in a sad world. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but what has he actually accomplished? The Chancellor of Germany said the prize was awarded to the president as an incentive to do more for peace. Since when did they start throwing around the Nobel Peace Prize as an incentive?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?