Friday, November 20, 2009

 

Jessie Jackson

Artur Davis, a black democrat from Alabama, voted against Obama's health care plan. Jessie Jackson was not to happy about this and said, "a black lawmaker "can't vote against health care and call yourself a black man." I know this blog is not to put people down or cause controversy but I do not agree with Jessie Jackson saying this. It seems to me that Jackson believes every black person should vote for anything Obama says. Davis may not have agreed with the health care plan and did not want it to be established. I do not care what race you are; you are entitled to you own opinion and should vote the way you want and not the way you are stereotyped to do so. 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/20/jesse-jackson-tones-racially-charged-challenge-black-lawmakers/ 

Comments:
If we ever get to the point as a country where we have to do something because of either the color of our skin or how we were created, then I will begin to concern about the the direction this country is going. I do not believe that everyone holds the same view as Jackson but I find it quasi-ridicululous that a man should be expected to vote one way because he is black.
 
It's the same with political parties and race. If one associates him or herself with a party, most of them will vote a straight ticket, instead of doing their homework, and voting for what they believe in. It's really sad that a country that was founded on freedoms to make decisions for yourself, but that is the furthest things from most minds today.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?